Job Title: Corporate Controller
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
6 staff accountants
Standard Elevator Systems (SES) is an elevator components company
owned by Arcline (Private Equity) with the objective of building
a nationwide platform capable of providing a full suite of
elevator parts, components, software, and systems design
capabilities to both OEMs and independent service providers.
We’re working to find new and better ways to help our customers
succeed and we’re looking for people like you to help shape
tomorrow at SES.
Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller is a hands-on
position responsible for all aspects of the finance and
accounting system to include budgeting, forecasting, account
reconciliation, and profit and loss reporting. Controller will
work side by side with the Manager FP&A and provide leadership
and direction to the accounting and administrative functions
within the organization and help build the infrastructure needed
to facilitate significant growth plans. The successful candidate
will also possess the business acumen to serve as a trusted
advisor to Company leadership and ownership.
This position serves as the principal point of contact on all
financial matters for the company and will oversee all accounting
activities including accounts receivable and collections,
accounts payable, payroll, and tax compliance. You will be
responsible for all financial activities and work closely with
our Sales, Marketing, Purchasing and Production Departments.
· Lead month-end closing duties and consolidation for 6
entities (all have their own account staff), which include
ensuring close timeliness and accuracy, account reconciliations,
accruals, journal entry preparation/posting, and variance
analyses. (Currently using SAP B1, SAGE50, QuickBooks and MAIPICS
but planned migration of all to SAP B1)
· Analyzes financial information detailing assets,
liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and
loss statement, and other reports.
· Manage all aspects of day-to-day accounting operations
including GL, A/P, A/R, Opex, bank reconciliations, payroll,
costing analysis and provide guidance to team members
· Manage all aspects of purchase accounting and year end
· Coordinates and prepares documents for audits of company
accounts by public accounting (RSM) firm and banks.
· Work with the leadership team to develop key performance
indicators and create an operational dashboard to report on KPIs.
· Responsible for the company’s operational financial
controls and policies, its accounting practices, and cost
· Assist Sales/Marketing and manufacturing functions in
matching financial capability of company assets and resources to
the forecast for sales. (Salesforce is used).
· Analyze and interpret financial information pertaining
to the company’s performance.
· Work with management team to develop cash flow forecasts
and annual budgets.
· Analyze margins and recommend actions to improve items
not meeting overall objectives of company.
· Recommend/Provide ad-hoc management reporting, supported
by your own data analysis for the organization, typically using
· Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
· Supervisory duties to include planning, assigning, and
directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
problems; providing coverage for employee absences during
vacation, medical leaves and training.
– Problem solvers who will go the extra mile to “say YES”
to the customer and embraces new challenges
– Can work in a high-speed environment
– Knows how to manage and motivate a virtual team
– Entrepreneurial qualities, someone that can turn ideas
– A take charge attitude, being responsive and respectful
– Strategists with creative qualities and a willingness
to try something new
– Analyzers, critical-thinkers, and organizers that are
focused on the details
– People that incorporate integrity in everything that
– Team leaders skilled at establishing business
* Manufacturing experience, standard costing, inventory controls
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license a plus
* 5+ years of experience as an accountant
* Experience in migrating ERP Systems
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software,
SAP Business One, SAGE50 a plus
* Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost
accounting and cost control principles and Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Knowledge of Consolidation Software (OneStream, PlanFul,
* Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best
practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
* Excellent communication skills
Corporate Controller SES.docx
( https://loxo.co/redactor-files/52302?hash=884c49ccc24ea0ec28578e052adeead688ae63ed )
Let's Chat About Your Recruitment Needs.
Working with leading businesses across the financial services, pricing, strategy, accounting and capital markets sectors, Jennings Executive supports businesses in and around Atlanta (and nationwide) in developing their talent. Through our extensive executive search experience, our consultants amass a deep understanding of our clients to help them grow in one of the world’s largest economies.
How You Can Contact Us
Leave your contact information and one of our recruitment experts will contact you immediately.
Call us at 678-401-8565 or send us an email.